More and more, we’ve understood the need to develop biblical, godly, wise leaders at ARBC. Like many churches, we found ourselves filling holes for our Nominating Team to fill. And like many churches, we found ourselves voting for team heads by those who drew the short straw (“Well, if no one else wants to lead this team, I guess I will!”)
Scripture mandates that leaders in the church be ones who are character-driven, competent, connected, concentrating, and confidential (when appropriate) leaders serving in their area of gifting. I’m looking forward to developing and exploring what this looks like for our church in 2017.
How does this look for your church?
Here are some helpful books to get this process started:
- Simple Church by by Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger
- Designed to Lead by Eric Geiger and Kevin Peck
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- The Leadership Pipeline by Ram Charan, Steve Drotter, and Jim Noel
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Empowered Leaders by Hans Finzel
- Leadership Mosaic by Daniel Montgomery with Jared Kennedy