If you receive bad news, remember:
- You are still in God’s hand as a follower of Jesus. None of your physical issues can ever separate you from His love (Romans 8:31-39).
- This did not catch Him by surprise at all, and even now He has been preparing everything that’s needed for you to draw closer to Him (Psalm 139:1-6).
- You have a church family that cares about you, ready to encourage you and stir you toward good things (God-things) (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- God is with you in all of the shadows of life, because He is our shepherd regardless of the situation (Psalm 23).
- Draw near to God–and He will draw near to you (James 4:8).
- Bury yourself in the Word, for there is comfort and hope found (2 Corinthians 1:3-7).